Mind Control Comics Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:07:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1377: Naptime  (Read 346 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 04, 2024, 12:04:12 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 12:11:25 am »

Character roster is wrong: should be Aiken, not Adrian.
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 02:49:36 am »

Hmm. First indication that something is happening outside of Miriam’s control here.

I know a lot of people have been on the Yves train with this, thinking he’s the main cause behind it all, but I think it’s more likely that this is one of two parties. I think either that this is our heroes, taking precaution as they attempt to capture Miriam… or this is Jakob, here to collect what is his.

Points for both: how would our people have some sort of gas to pacify Miriam? How would Jakob know what’s been going on in just a day or so since the airport incident?

But regardless, it doesn’t really make sense for this to be Yves, or even another party. How could Yves have engineered this entire evening, supposing he did, and only wait until now after the arrival of AMA and Aiken to start moving in for acquisitions? How would he even know that Miriam has the soul suck ability?
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 09:49:42 am »

Now this is the kind of twist that makes me wish I could immediately fast-forward to Tuesday!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 03:45:10 am »

Not sure how to interpret the font used at the end, but Miriam looks more like a victim of Pink Clouds here than someone falling asleep. If she's aware of what's happening in Erin's dream, perhaps she's somehow experiencing Jacqui's dream and being affected by the perfume therein. But I think it's more likely that some pre-programming is taking effect.

If there is a Pink Clouds element then that does suggest Yves/Sawyer/Q. But if there isn't actually any physical source of this smell, then it could be anyone who has triggered one of Miriam's memories of being subjected to Pink Clouds, say.

Whether anyone is aware of Miriam's special nature (other than Jakob, who appears to have been involved with her since before she was born) is another matter. But we did see Sawyer and Hans exiting the antiquarian bookshop in 121 with big packages under their arms. So Sawyer (or Hans) might possibly have an interest in some kind of arcane knowledge.

Another possibility? Well, there are lots, obviously (Aiken farts sleeping gas?). But maybe all of the women who've inhaled the new perfume are going to start falling into a catatonic state.

It would be nice if Miriam were to enter the dreams of the other women. Perhaps this is part of the arrangements that have been made by Erin's doctor regarding the other woman.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: