Mind Control Comics Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:10:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which were your favorite titles in 2017?  (Voting closed: January 08, 2018, 05:42:04 pm)
After the Show - 26 (3%)
The Alchemist - 12 (1.4%)
Audiophilia - 31 (3.6%)
Back Issues - 11 (1.3%)
Beyond Rubies - 37 (4.3%)
Bigger - 21 (2.5%)
Business as Usual - 11 (1.3%)
By the Book - 58 (6.8%)
The Canadian Girlfriend - 19 (2.2%)
Checkered Past - 10 (1.2%)
Chrysalis - 54 (6.3%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 29 (3.4%)
Door to Door - 9 (1.1%)
Drains - 18 (2.1%)
Enchanted Summer - 4 (0.5%)
Faerie Tail - 19 (2.2%)
Fantasy World - 15 (1.8%)
Found Objects 3 - 38 (4.4%)
Free Trade Zone - 20 (2.3%)
Friend Request - 7 (0.8%)
The Help - 14 (1.6%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 36 (4.2%)
The In-Law Unit - 12 (1.4%)
The Inheritance - 47 (5.5%)
Nothing Much - 0 (0%)
Permed - 26 (3%)
The Persuader - 27 (3.2%)
The Ring Cycle - 29 (3.4%)
Roll Playing - 64 (7.5%)
Seriously? - 24 (2.8%)
Sudo - 13 (1.5%)
Unknown Pleasures - 8 (0.9%)
Unleashed - 2 (0.2%)
Vector - 20 (2.3%)
Vow of Silence - 2 (0.2%)
Waiting Room - 35 (4.1%)
Expanded Universe - 10 (1.2%)
Extreme Makeover 3 - 8 (0.9%)
Rapid Inductions - 6 (0.7%)
Saint James Infirmary - 22 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 136

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for your favorite comics in 2017!  (Read 28536 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 29, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »

It's that time of year again! Please vote for your favorite titles of 2017. Only titles that updated during 2017 are eligible. You get seven votes. These are regular titles only; we'll be doing a separate ballot for bonuses. Weekly / monthly titles are at the bottom.

Comments below!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:22:49 pm »

MY VOTES

Beyond Rubies: Remains a great balance of plot, MC, and sex. Sorry to see it go. As someone who's a fan of a male controller 'winning,' I'm hoping it ends on that note. Regardless, it was a great run.

Door to Door: There's more to MC than sex. Specifically, there's pizza. I also love this artist.

Fantasy World: It's been a fun series overall, but it earned a vote for two reasons: seeing a variety of different control types in the same space (you can see other controllees in the background); and Issue #5, where she is aware of the control but turned on by it, is an all-time great.

The Hidden Knowledge: This old favorite was lost in the woods for a while, but it found its mojo after the year-long pause. I LIKE that Daffyd's starting to be a possessive asshole; I don't care for "nice guy MC." It's a unique series in that Daffyd alters each girl differently; typically, a controller sort of stamps the same template onto every girl. But as long as Daffyd's making it clear who's in charge, and who the primary beneficiary of the Knowledge is, I'm onboard.

Permed: Dumb fun with great art.

The Persuader: The art is great, and using MC for business politics is an interesting twist. I also like the growing competition. #TeamRupert

Waiting Room: Dr. Laurel's good in any medium, but Issue #8 featured mass hypnosis to great success. Also, the panel where the coach gets tranced by a text mid-phone call is an all-timer.

OTHER NOTES

Free Trade Zone: This was an oddball on the site for a long time, because it was more of an erotic space opera than anything to do with MC. But the last issue fixed that in style. This almost made my list for the first time.

Vector: Love HMB, but this one hasn't done it for me yet. In fairness, it's only two issues in. But I'm not a fan of straight bimbofication, which seems like where it's headed.

The Alchemist: Only one issue in, but I loved it. Set up the kid's "wanted list" very well, and I do have a soft spot for nerdy guys using science. I also kind of love that he "missed" his mark on his first try. I have a feeling he'll get the daughter the second time round.

Drains: I love extradimensional MC beasts as much as the next man, but Drains needs a direction. Similar problem to the forum discussion on Audiophilia.

Found Objects 3: Should really be "Bearing Gifts 3," but regardless, this one succeeds because of the last issue's introduction of a competitor. Gives our hero something to do other than just "collect large harem," which is what the other Bearing Gifts devolved into.

The Ring Cycle: I love insta-control; I love bitchy women getting blanked. However, I do not love incest. Not sure which "role" this series is meant to fill on the site, but I'd prefer to get off the incest angle fast. But if the site really needs one series devoted to that, I guess I understand that.

And that's what I've got to say about that.
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 06:55:16 pm »

What do I think?? Cheesy

By the Book - I like that our 'hero' has others recruiting for him. Girls hypnotized into hypnotizing other girls is great.

Chrysalis - I can't wait to see what sorts of things he turns his girls into next. The same girl can be changed into something else, right?

The Hidden Knowledge - The reason I'm here. The art is fantastic. I love that it's not quite 'our' world. I just wish the breast expansion were a little... less.

The Inheritance - Very good art! I am very interested in finding out more. More women as well as more details of how the MC works.

The Persuader - I like that there's a bit of 'out of control' element to the story.

The Ring Cycle - UNLIMITED POWER! The ultimate fantasy... (and I like the incest angle)

Waiting Room - Who's really in charge here?

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 04:05:49 am »

MY VOTES

After the Show - Basically a masterpiece. Everything works, and her narrative playing out twice was a clever trick.

By the Book - Some epic fuckery went down, and I gotta include this one for continuing to deliver satisfaction despite the ever-increasing cast size.

The Help - “To Be Continued” Yes?! Please!! Great art and the rare female controller. Doesn’t even have to be with the same two victims. If your plan is to have our protagonist go around “fixing” households, I’d be all for that.

Roll Playing - Brianna’s fall to the Dark Lord came a little too quickly, but otherwise was the usual epic fantasy fun times.

Saint James Infirmary - The continuation of the mental vision quest in the warehouse. Adrian doing his own mind-fucking for once. Our favorite cheerleader getting put in a rather fascinating closet. A dress, and then undress rehearsal. Erin getting her Top on. Great year for SJI!

Seriously? - Sturk came through with some great costumes and amazing blank looks. Her inner monologue was very charming, especially when played against her actions and lack of expression. Even that stupid helmet prop worked within the context of the story.

Waiting Room - “Hehehe, cheerleaders rule.”

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Beyond Rubies - Speaking of satisfaction, as this one nears the finish it was great to see all the planning and scheming come together for our heroes to score a win at last.

Cuckoo’s Nest - Very glad we got two issues of this, and could easily be Top 7 on another day.

Enchanted Summer - I still mourn the death of Eizar’s art, but Heux Team is delivering well in their stead. I am always delighted when a new issue arrives and very hopeful we’ll see another in 2018.

Fantasy World - #05 was *amazing*, but I wasn’t crazy about #06, which is a hazard of anthologies and the fickle nature of fetish work.

The Hidden Knowledge - Not sure that Daffyd has ever been quite Nice Guy Adrian, considering how predatory he was when he first got The Book. Still, he’s definitely entering another level of corruption and I very much want to see where that leads.

The Inheritance - Mau’s art is astoundingly sexy. The way he draws women is just... yeah. Like SJI, there isn’t an abundance of overt mind control, but on the flip side the harem is filled with Tier 1 ladies in a way that makes it my ideal if such a thing were ever to happen in the real world.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 08:08:15 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:53:13 am by GodWilling » Logged
madboy7931
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »

My 7 faves for 2017.

Waiting Room - LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. The 2 issues this year were amazing. Issue 7 is my fave issue of any comic on the site ever! And issue 8 took it on well. The Cheerleader storyline is fantastic. As said, the panel in 8 with the text message....as amazing as I imagined it would be. Want lots more in 2018!

After the Show - A brilliant 1st issue. Loved the double storytelling and the way the hypnotist worked his magic on both the man and woman. Loved it.

Role Playing - A long running series that never disappoints. The fact that the video version of this was also great shows the source material is always great.

The Persuader - Lots of strands to the issues which seem to be coming together well. Love the art as well :-)

The Help - Loved the 1st issue. The fact it's a female hypnotist is the best!! Need more of them who are not under direct control of men on the site, nothing hotter Smiley

By The Book - Love the art and the fact that women converting woman (big thing for me)

Free Trade Zone - Robots brainwashing humans....whats not to like!!

Here is to an amazing 2018!!! (with lots of Waiting Room ;-)
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 11:15:26 pm »

second list
After show Black Issues
beyond Rubies
Faerie Tail
Found Objects
The help
Permed
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 11:42:38 pm »

Black Issues

Now that's just a whole other website altogether!
redsimonde
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 11:48:37 pm »

My favorites this year:

The Ring Cycle: The bitchy sister, the sister's hot friend, the sex worker neighbour. Great set-up so far.

By the Book:  The mother-daughter teams are so hot. Cheesy

The Persuader: Love the art and concept with mind controlled secretaries (sexretaries?).

Waiting Room: Mind controlled cheerleaders? Hell yeah!

Found Objects 3: The Found Objects/Bearing Gifts series is one of your best. And now there's an extra twist. Smiley

Bigger: The protagonist has a nice set of women to choose from. It's also great how the women become submissive so quickly and thoroughly.

Audiophilia: Excellent Harem. But a proper goal would be nice.
rdaneel
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 12:05:57 am »

The choice was really hard this time around, but I mostly went for the series that I liked that I thought needed the support.  Wink
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 03:08:44 am »

I'll start off with a couple of honorable mentions, because they were ones that just missed out.

I left off Vector, because I prefer the cause to be more visible, but Vector is still a great comic and honestly the only reason it isn't on the list is because I already had Beyond Rubies and Permed from HMB, and I wanted to make room for others. But I love all of HMB's work.

I like the theme of Checkered Past, but so far it doesn't feel like it's really done much with it. I don't know if that's because of the nature of the story as a mystery, or if it's going in a different direction than what I'm expecting.

Unleashed has promise. I like the characters, and the artwork. But there wasn't enough in the first issue to push it into the top spots. It's hard to see where it's going to go, and right now it's pretty standard in terms of plot and mechanism. But like I said I can see the potential there for it to do something unique. We'll see.

And speaking of unique, that's the theme for the favorites this year (and really every year). Each of the stories has either a unique setting, or a unique mechanism, or something about it that just sets it apart from the standard "dude hypnotizes women to get laid" stories. Beyond Rubies and Free Trade Zone are both interesting stories with a lot of twists and turns. Each issue of FTZ is so different from the last, and unexpected, but work perfectly together. BR could easily start feeling stale after so many issues, but it still manages to mix it up and keep it feeling fresh. Permed, I'm a sucker for beauty salon based transformations. Fantasy World I like the knows but doesn't style of control, where they know what they're doing, but it seems perfectly normal. Chrysalis and Drains both have very unique mechanisms of control and transformation. And finally Role Playing. Much like Con 'Fused, the theme of this really resonates with me. Especially the one-shot special.

I know I mentioned my honorable mentions already, but those are ones that would have been in a top-10 list, ones that I had a hard time leaving off the list. These are ones that were either good, but lacked a little something to push them over the edge, or had some really spectacular specific issues, but not enough to push them over.  Cuckoo's Nest has been one of my favorites in the past, but it's starting to slip into more formulaic scenarios. By the Book is one that normally wouldn't stick out, being a prime example of the "guy hypnotizes women to get laid" standard plot that I mentioned, but I really liked Thena and Jane. Business as Usual had everything I like, but was just too short. I would have liked to have seen it drawn out a bit more, and focus more on the process.

That's about all I have on the regular titles. The rest, the closer they get to that basic plotline, without any unique methods of control, the less they stand out to me. Not that they're bad or anything - I can't think of any that I actually dislike. Just not enough to make them stand out for me.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:01 am »

I think you may have to expand the voting at some point.

I'm a huge SJI fan.  It's still my favorite comic on the site. I really like Unleashed.

I voted for By the Book, Canadian Girlfriend, Cuckoo's Nest, and wonderful Faerie Tail and Waiting Room (even without Laurel controlling the fun).

After the Show and Seriously? were excellent one-shots.

I really like The Inheritance and The Alchemist.  Competition between The Inheritance and Faerie Tail is a toss-up for me, but while I really like the story so far in The Inheritance, I like the art better in Faerie Tail and it has a positive track record.

I also like the story/art combination of The Help.

I think I'm missing or not remembering a title where the two...are they archeologists or anthropologists who find an artifact that somehow taints their food.

I really must not remember the name.  I went through the whole library chronologically and alphabetically and couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:39:57 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 09:11:41 am »

think I'm missing or not remembering a title where the two...are they archeologists or anthropologists who find an artifact that somehow taints their food.

Nope, nothing like that here.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 09:26:51 am »

think I'm missing or not remembering a title where the two...are they archeologists or anthropologists who find an artifact that somehow taints their food.

I thought that was Vector? I don't think the food is tainted though.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 09:27:29 am »

I thought that was Vector? I don't think the food is tainted though.

Ah, I can see that interpretation, yes. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: