Mind Control Comics Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:28:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: By the Book #6  (Read 8883 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 19, 2013, 10:34:30 pm »

Another print run!

Coming Wednesday, February 20th (although probably not first thing in the morning).

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:12:07 am »

Nope, not quite first thing.  I'll peruse it at leisure when it does appear.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

Excellent stuff, and wonderful to see a Wednesday release again!

I'm not usually a fan of 3D art - though my opinion is coming around as the tech gets more sophisticated and the results less uncanny-valleyish.  Having said that, Sturkwurk is one of two or three 3D artists whose work has always been top notch, and this issue (and this series) is no exception.

This series, along with Bearing Gifts, are straight-up unambiguous harem-building serial recruitment stories, which normally don't do much for me, but both series really push my buttons.  Between the great art and the great prose, I always look forward to seeing a forthcoming issue like that.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

It's interesting.  Both series have the same blueprint, but Bearing Gifts its sequel Found Objects suffer from the male manipulator's

1. lack of personal interest in his subjects and
2. lack of imagination beyond empire building.

The guy from this series ends up just as nefarious but

1. He has imagination
2. He has a little ironic humor and
3. He has personal interest with all of his subjects (most from before he developed his skills) which drives him to experiment in stages, but to experiment with greater variety of technique and result, and he evinces greater interest in his subjects than the Bearing Gifts men do in most situations.

This makes By the Book more interesting and enjoyable than its mirror series, at least for me.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:46 am »

I agree entirely, and yet, I find both this and Bearing Gifts painfully hot.  These types of stories usually do nothing for me.  For these two series, though, I'm always looking forward to more.
sturkwurk
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Render Monkey

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 06:30:00 am »

I'm not usually a fan of 3D art - though my opinion is coming around as the tech gets more sophisticated and the results less uncanny-valleyish.  Having said that, Sturkwurk is one of two or three 3D artists whose work has always been top notch, and this issue (and this series) is no exception.
Wink

I came,
I rendered,
I'm still broke!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: