Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 374: Control Issues  (Read 29693 times)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Daphne, by 'not canon' do you mean that Jakob didn't literally say 'it was Tuesday' or that you're not confirming that Adrian's original troubles were merely collateral damage?

For all we know, Adrian *could* know about Rain's promise. We still don't know what went down in that first conversation with Rain, and we still don't know what kind of music she's teaching him.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 02:12:17 pm »

Daphne, by 'not canon' do you mean that Jakob didn't literally say 'it was Tuesday' or that you're not confirming that Adrian's original troubles were merely collateral damage?

The latter. Don't read anything into the quote either way.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 02:23:44 pm »

Fun note, when Chun Li got her own terrible movie, her father (or was he a foster father) was Bison's specific target because of his knowledge and technical expertise.  So, they went the completely opposite route.

Also, Julia played that scene as if

1. Bison is lying, trying to reinforce his own delusion, and
2. Just uttering the words made him seem like a prancing weak dipshit utterly unworthy of her time.

In this particular case, Jakob seems like a much more formidable foe, and it could be pure coincidence--but it's a cruel irony...for him, that type of fulfillment and satisfaction he can't find is right under his nose and he never saw it the first time and

His machinations produced a situation and person able to achieve what he sought by a completely different path.  Interesting.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:29 pm »

Are you saying it isn't Tuesday...?

My point wasn't that Adrian is clearly a villain. It was that we've never known for sure that he's a decent guy. And similarly Weston is an unknown quantity. In the absence of "Bad Guy" signs above certain characters' heads, I'm suspicious of all the characters we meet. And that scene with the kiss was decidedly intriguing...
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 03:55:52 pm »

Just demonstrating that the dialogue and performance of that scene don't match.  That's all.  Also, I'm trying to attribute a goal to this asshole to humanize him.  Why?  To make him a more interesting villain.  Does he need to be more interesting?  Maybe not.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 03:57:18 pm »

Well, remember that Julia was extremely ill at the time, and made that movie because his kids begged him to (sniff). It wasn't his best performance ever.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 04:06:20 pm »

I've seen him in Presumed Innocent.  I know he had real chops.  What I meant was, that version of Bison is much more akin to...um, Borat...than an all-powerful evil dictator.  So, the dialogue can have iconic meaning, but in the movie it just shows him more the fool.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:35 pm »

Gomez Addams will always be my favorite role of his. Smiley

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »

I hear that a lot.  I confess I've never understood why.  Neither the animated series (succeeding the TV show) nor the live-action cinematic adaptation clicked with me.  It wasn't a bad performance, just not my taste.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

"Miriam.  Stop.

GODDAMMIT.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 08:20:57 am »

Vidor--Perfect and succinct way of expressing the thought process of probably 99% of the readership of this comic (including me) reading that panel.Angry

Well, as frustrating as his demonstration of restraint was...the thought bubble over her head near the end infuriated me.

However, at this moment, I believe we can just shred various convoluted theories of nefarious intent on Adrian's part.  So, that's something at least.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:25:02 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: