Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:59:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 368: Revelations.  (Read 13747 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 10:40:46 am »

And here we have our unknowns crowding in.  Is it possible that the healing process begun with that ceremony isn't complete yet?  Remember, this could have been awful on the Night of the Watch and a lot of the questions we have about Pearl, we had about Jacqui.  So, let's give it some time.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:55 am »

When Ezra thanks Adrian for walking Miriam home, he is referring to a future event, not implying that Miriam is already home.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 12:08:38 pm »

I'd think then he'd say thanks for offering...etc.  Just a weird sentence construction, and given what's already slipped past him under his nose, it was a little alarming.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 08:06:50 pm »

I'd think then he'd say thanks for offering...etc.  Just a weird sentence construction, and given what's already slipped past him under his nose, it was a little alarming.

Seemed perfectly normal to me.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 12:50:18 am »

I've heard "Thanks for (past/ongoing/future event)" all the time. If I heard someone say "Thanks for offering to walk her home", what I'd read is that there was an offer to walk someone home and it was turned down, or had the possibility of being turned down. An offer can be rejected. The other phrasing indicates certainty.

So If Adrian made the offer and was rejected, her father would say thanks for offering to walk her. If Adrian made the offer and Miriam hadn't indicated one way or the other, he'd say thanks for making the offer (which she may or may not accept). But she'd already accepted, so there was no offer on the table any more.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 01:39:35 am »

The mildly surprising thing here is that Ezra is leaving without saying goodbye to the blessed Miriam. Of course, we can guess how the plot might require him to do that.

So while it's clear he should have driven Miriam home himself before heading off, we should be equally clear that any consequences of this are not his fault. There was a very similar case of pandering to the plot when another important book was being pieced together and that has caused all sorts of trouble.

Let's not fall into the trap of blaming everything on the lawyers.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: