Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:31:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 368: Revelations.  (Read 13744 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 22, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:10 pm »

I certainly hope that means we'll understand things better!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:34 pm »

I certainly hope that means we'll understand things better!

No promises. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Who is that in the preview panel?  Pearl?
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

The face is Dani. The ear is Pearl. And the arm is holding up something... (those are my guesses…)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

OK, I'm going there again: it's a picture of a girl with Pearl's ear in. It's a bit late for mistletoe. It must be Miriam's coat.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

So, we ARE going there.  Some beautiful possibilities around the corner. Wink
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:52:26 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46:22 pm »

Me more mind bending
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 06:52:58 pm »

it's a picture of a girl with Pearl's ear in.

I think you made my evening.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 12:11:27 am »

Nice! Here's hoping for a big splash page coming soon, hopefully with Miriam's induction...

Something about those faces in the last panel, though. Mmmm, hot.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:32:39 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 01:31:04 am »

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

Miriam gets added to the harem!  I have wanted this to happen since she was introduced...what, a year ago?  Longer?

Yes!

I don't know why, precisely, but something about mother/daughter pairs getting mind-controlled really turns me on.  Incest is not required; the MCer could be someone unrelated and the women don't have to be having sex with each other.  But for some reason the concept of mother/daughter both getting taken by the same controller is very sexy to me.  Ecstatic to see it happening here.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 01:58:45 am »

Okay.  What.  The.  Hell?? Huh

"Thanks for walking Miriam home."  WHAT?  She lives at the SJI now?  Before programming?  Since when?  That made even less sense than if Johannes had grabbed his coat and said "Thanks for giving my pilot a place to stay.  I've felt for awhile now that she needs a permanent address, and you all are just so...warm and giving."

Does that make any sense?  Of course not.

On the DF front, I'm hearing rumblings of a very sad development.  Apparently, the gorgeous Daphne Rosen has decided to retire from the active business and just manage her site network.  Too bad.

All the more reason for the Waiting Room comic to make much more frequent appearances here.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:47 am »

Okay.  What.  The.  Hell?? Huh

"Thanks for walking Miriam home."  WHAT?  She lives at the SJI now?  Before programming?  Since when?  That made even less sense than if Johannes had grabbed his coat and said "Thanks for giving my pilot a place to stay.  I've felt for awhile now that she needs a permanent address, and you all are just so...warm and giving."

See #367, first three panels. Miriam says she needs to get home, and Adrian offers to walk her home. FROM the SJI.

Separately, regarding #368: Hot damn! Awesome.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:57:02 am by elenchos » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 05:07:07 am »

The way Ezra phrased it, it sounded as if he was sure it had already happened.  Of course, this is one of the vagaries of English, so it could be read either way.

Note, with that purple scarf or doo rag, or shawl on her head, Pearl's mix of black hair with purple highlights looks a bit similar to Raven's style.  Hmm.
mi_english
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:55 am »

Wow, does this ever raise some ethical conundrums.  Up until now, those that created/added to the harem were either relatively unknown to us, or added as a way of rescuing them (granted, this was all quite some time ago).  Now we have Pearl, who we have had a long time to get to know (relative to the publishing of the comic, anyway) and who we know was controlled in what has been portrayed in a 'bad way' (ie. made to believe things that were not true about her mother, and presumably prevented from having intercourse).  She would be seen as a victim, someone damaged by the watch/stone/jewel (whatever we are calling it). 

To then have Erin and Dani do the same thing (influence her against her will using the jewel) would seem to be horrifying on the surface (even though we know they are also under it's influence).

But here's the tricky thing about writing these kind of things - Daphne has made these ladies likeable, amiable, protagonists.  What THEY do to people we don't mind, because they are 'the good guys'; the white hats.

Daphne has set things up so that we are okay with 'good people' doing 'bad things' (relative to Pearl and her experience).

That's good writing.

NOTE:  yes, I know we've all wanted Pearl to go under the influence, and join the harem.  I'm right there with everyone else.  I am admiring Daphne for sticking something horrifying into the mix while we waited (Pearl being influenced by the bad guys), and THEN giving us what we want, so we would enjoy something that is pretty awful.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: