Mind Control Comics Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:23:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 605: Going Up  (Read 6908 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 27, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22:43 pm »

get more information?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:49:33 pm »

Likely Erin and Danielle exiting from the dreamscape.  Wonder what they'll find when they get back to reality?
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:40 am »

I've wondered the whole length of this comic what Adrian thinks of Echo at this point... he's obviously in love with Erin, but the Echo situation surely is something he still thinks about. I assume that Rain clued him in as to her situation vis a vis the mind control...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:13 am »

I see the title (going up)up and out her mind.
That why you can not undo program from the watch
So the crystal is not so power to the mind and may pop out of it
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 05:54:45 am »

Huh?  I get the exit part, but not the rest.  Now, it seems that Watch programming can be more complete, profound, and nuanced than crystal programming.  BUT Dani is sure there's a reversal procedure for The Watch and Jakob is sure (based on his comments to and about Meghan in the memoryscape) that there is no such procedure for the crystals/pendants.  If they are both right, there might not be a release/healing procedure for Echo or Meghan since their programming predates The Watch.

Of course, Jakob could easily be wrong, and that could demonstrate that he's a *BLEEP*ing dumbass with a more toxic imagination than Derek (which would seem to square with general opinion of him).

However, Dani's declaration not only opens possibities for rescuing Echo (meh...although she's had the cards stacked against her this whole time) and unleashing Meghan (*adopts Carrie Fisher memorial rasp* "DO IT!!!!"), it also opens the possibility of unwinding the SJI harem (groan) something that has seemed off the table since The Night of The Watch.

This seems to open possible paths to Destiny Dice Roll #1.  YUCK!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:56:40 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:12:50 pm »

I seem to remember Dani telling Adrian early on that he couldn't use the watch to simply "undo" things, and it was kind of an important plot point because it means Adrian was stuck with the harem whether he liked it or not. It's possible that the Watch can only undo the 'mindless' state that a few of the women have been put into, not the full-on harem programming.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 01:00:12 pm »

It's also possible that undoing harem programming with the Watch can only be done with the switch setting information that Danielle just recovered.  She said Jakob made her forget it, so she might have been telling the truth before as far as she knew it.  New knowledge opens up new possibilities.

Regular!Adrian seems to have acquiesced to the harem because he had no alternative; his treatment of its members seemed designed to maximize their remaining autonomy as much as possible.  The number of times he's told one of his slaves to do or not do something against their inclinations can be counted on one hand with multiple fingers to spare.  I'd expect Regular!Adrian to jump on the chance to free the harem once he learns it's possible.

Of course, right now Evil!Adrian is in the driver's seat, and he seems a lot less inclined towards female liberation.  It's also possible that Erin will try to conceal the possibility of deprogramming from Adrian because she's afraid of losing him to Echo.  It wouldn't be the first time harem members have lied to him through omission.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:09 pm »

I seem to remember Dani telling Adrian early on that he couldn't use the watch to simply "undo" things, and it was kind of an important plot point because it means Adrian was stuck with the harem whether he liked it or not. It's possible that the Watch can only undo the 'mindless' state that a few of the women have been put into, not the full-on harem programming.

you are talk about that Rain tell Adrain that you can not use the watch to undo thing
then we found out when Adrain tell Laura (sij-i185)
can reporgram to not love him but hate for do it
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 04:23:00 pm »

Just going back a couple of pages... Erin has seen a photo of Echo, so while she did quite well to recognize her, it's not unreasonable that she did. Even so, it's quite surprising to me that she wasn't more surprised to see Echo here. And (this) Dani seemed to know pretty clearly that Echo was Adrian's Echo without Erin having to spell it out.

Adrian knew Claudia when she was Echo's roommate. And he knows there's a connection between Zenon and Claudia. But I don't think we've been told that Adrian is aware of the New York harem, or that Claudia and Echo were/are Jakob's victims. I'd have expected it to be big news to Erin that Echo was here.

Dani seems to be in a strange place mentally - just this once. She's very casual about the effects of the watch being reversible and - perhaps more significantly - she doesn't know why Erin would even ask that. Is she remembering everything here, or is Erin talking to a version of Dani that is only consistent with the memory? Dani sabotaged the watch in some way. Does she know that here?

It's made pretty clear that it's the implication of seeing Echo that triggered Erin's question. It's interesting that she refers to 'the girls' rather than, say, 'us'. I wonder if the implication of Dani's response is that it wouldn't occur to her to reverse the watch's effects because - as a victim of it - she's conditioned not to want that for herself. And perhaps that's also why Erin doesn't ask on her own account. Either way, my reading is that Dani is saying that the watch programming is (or should be) reversible.

Is it possible for Erin to keep the news about Echo to herself, or is Adrian monitoring what's happening?

What goes up... We've already seen Dani slip down a (symbolic) metal staircase in her French maid's outfit in a dream (g3). "It was not the first time."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: