Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:26:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: General Plot Thread  (Read 19559 times)
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: February 17, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

Rather than posting general plot line updates in an episode specific thread where it isn't easy for people to find it, please post it in this thread.

This thread is about things we know from the existing episodes. Questions about the plot are fine too.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:19:43 pm »

So is this the recap as we understand it thread?  And the other thread is...this is where I think Daphne is taking us.  Well, to start--all but about 20 entries of this 376 issue comic take place in January of 2012, starting with Erin and Adrian reporting to work on the day of The Night of The Watch and Dani having her appointment with Zenon.

However we could ask about the 6 perspectives of New Year's because Derek's view looks to be a flash forward to the Night of the Watch because he hasn't actually tried Amy yet, but he's brushing off some guy (not Zenon, but I'm not sure it matters who it is), with Amy and Caitlyn in full costume mode, something that hadn't happened yet.

Also, is Erin's private moment the last we see of the Van Winkle's shirt that Erin presumably got from Dani?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:27:53 pm »

However we could ask about the 6 perspectives of New Year's because Derek's view looks to be a flash forward to the Night of the Watch because he hasn't actually tried Amy yet, but he's brushing off some guy (not Zenon, but I'm not sure it matters who it is), with Amy and Caitlyn in full costume mode, something that hadn't happened yet.

If you're referring to #13 I'm pretty sure that's Caitlyn (acquired in #8) and Laura (acquired in #11), so there's no flash-forward required.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »

So, basically, he has no imagination.  All his ideas are lather, rinse, repeat.  How satisfyingly disappointing.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 12:36:40 am »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:34:34 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:14:35 am »

Heroic work! Thank you!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 11:39:08 am »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:34:48 am by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

It's obviously a pleasure. The weird thing is I found this morning that I've carried on maintaining it since it last appeared, yet I have no recollection of doing so.

Clearly it was a post-hypnotic suggestion on someone's part ;-)

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:05 am »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:35:04 am by GodWilling » Logged
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 05:38:15 pm »

I was going to go through them to see if I could group them. Though I'm not sure I would have put exact dates on the present episodes since there are times when we aren't sure whether the days we see are consecutive or not.

Still, good work.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 06:37:00 pm »

Fantastic, GodWilling! Very useful.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »

It is very helpful.

GW--I was sad when you retired your running timeline and cast list from the Dramatis Personae and When We Last Left Our Heroes threads.  Nice to see the timeline make a triumphant return.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:18:29 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 08:49:51 pm »

I'm sorry, could you point out where I said that the cast list was retired? C'mon, I've been busy writing. Smiley

And the most important single item in the timeline is: "Continuity here may be impressionistic." I really appreciate GW's work, but it's not canonical, and if something in the future contradicts it (even if it is also internally contradictory)... well, that's comics.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:03:10 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 10:17:34 pm »

Wait, what?

No.  Before you brought out The Author's Definitive Cast List and Biography Page, GW built one around the same time he started his timeline page.  About 10 months ago, when the Author's Page really came into its own, GW retired his list as duplicative, and retired the timeline at the same time.  I missed his fan's perspective on the cast since his cast post was even more wonderfully encyclopedic than his timeline.  I was glad to see the timeline make a triumphant return to the forum.  And I thought I was complimenting GW on his work in both areas.  That's all.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 06:26:57 am »

Best to say on the dates from Jan 11 to Jan 16 that these episodes seems to take place on the same day. If we're sure the days were consecutive we could say that too.

But as mentioned, artistic license prevails in comic books and some statements or happenings might not be able to be categorized.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: