Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:46:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 324: Positive Reviews  (Read 5059 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »

Coming Friday, August 29th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »

I hope this is a continuation of Erin's track, as I'm not very enthused about the mayhem the lackeys caused on the road.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:34:02 am »

Well, it's certainly hotter in there now ;-)

I'm honestly surprised that Pearl agreed to this without MC.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:36:51 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:01:29 am »

Three things.

1. WOW!!! Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin    This looks like a set-up to something incredibly hot.  (Of course, it's gorgeous in and of itself, but the promise is superbly tantalizing).

2. I'm a little concerned about the flesh tones in the whites of Pearl's eyes in the second to last panel particularly because it could be a smoother way to show stress, strain, and lack of sleep of the last 48 hours.

3. Please let Tuesday be a continuation of this thread.  No Cherry Bomb on the road.  No Vik raving in the snow.  No Derek.  No Q-ball.  Please, let us have at least a taste of this awesomeness before you shift.

Weston may be getting pummeled at Sawyer's.  Let's find out later.  The chillest archaeologist in fiction may have brought back an MC artifact to her lucky stiff husband.  Awesome, but please hold off for awhile.

Jen may have hopped a bus to Kearsage for her blind date with Unflappable Sue.  Excellent!  Sue deserves a reward for keeping her head during this storm of MC and pheromones, but wait just a bit.  Please? Wink
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:03:20 am by jmundt29 » Logged
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:02:46 pm »

2. I'm a little concerned about the flesh tones in the whites of Pearl's eyes in the second to last panel particularly because it could be a smoother way to show stress, strain, and lack of sleep of the last 48 hours.

Your monitor may need calibrating...I don't use any flesh tones in the eyes - I do use a greyish brown as the base for shadows but it is more grey than brown and certainly not flesh. Don't read too much into the colour of the characters eyeballs...there isn't any kind of hidden message Cheesy

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 02:32:13 pm »

Well, first off, I looked back and it was actually Dani's eyes that seemed to have nonwhite color in them in that panel.  Secondly, this was so with both a desktop monitor and a phone.  Just an oddity for me, I guess.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:01 am »

Well, first off, I looked back and it was actually Dani's eyes that seemed to have nonwhite color in them in that panel.  Secondly, this was so with both a desktop monitor and a phone.  Just an oddity for me, I guess.

Maybe Cheesy To be fair (to you) our ability to perceive colour is very similar to our ability to perceive smells. And colour is a really strange thing, when it comes to what each of us sees because we don't ever see it in isolation but in context. I've studied other bits of art or photographs (and it's way more obvious with photographs) and thought "Oh, I like the way the light falls in this" so I've copied the colour - photoshop allows me to use a pipette tool the simply select the exact colour. But, when I've put what I thought was a deep blue shadow into my own painting, it's turned out to be a muddy brown or a pukey green! Your own eyes, brain and all the surrounding colours (as well as the composition of the image) turn it into the colour that most suits. A flesh tone - for instance - can look anything from yellow to orange to red depending on whether the surrounding colours are blues, greens, purples or blacks. It's a surprising phenomenon when you really start experimenting with colour Smiley

But you are right....I tend not to do the eyes bright white (the teeth are actually a greyish green colour - in the main) - eyeballs aren't bright white (in real life) and I don't think PK's or my style suits a flat comic style really Smiley

I just wanted to reassure you that the colour of the eye ball wasn't some secret signifier...   

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: