Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 318: Pit Stop.  (Read 13663 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 10:07:49 pm »

Not blanket closed eyes or Q would never have seen a jail cell, Jacqui would never have been indicted, and Derek would still be lovin' the high life.  However, it is noteworthy that someone as obviously wrong as Derek suffered nothing more than a repeatedly broken nose.  Humorous, symbolic emasculation seemed fitting.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:32 am »

I think this is a slightly different point though (although I'll take Daphne's interjection to mean it isn't). Zenon is supposed to be a respectable hypnotherapist. What Derek was doing compromised him - as Claudia herself says. The news that someone has been using a trigger he planted, in order to sexually abuse his patients is a big thing. If it weren't, he wouldn't have needed Derek (that's speculative). I don't think that even in the SJI universe he would talk about it as if it were a trifle. (And it isn't a trifle - he's straight on the phone to Claudia.) But he's talking to Amy about it as if he knows she will just accept it as such - as if he knows she's blasé, if you will.

"Now you will masturbate until you have a very satisfying orgasm."

"Yes, Doctor." (Ep 6)

That kind of blasé.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 01:08:32 am »

Or we can assume it's just kind of a Kearsarge thing. It does seem to be ground zero for a wide variety of MC effects. At this point the college students probably take it in stride. "Where were you last weekend?" "Oh, just mind controlled and spent the time some psych student's sex slave. Had fun. Came my brains out." At least I find the idea of that hot.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 11:03:20 am »

Which is fine, but then why didn't Zenon just walk the streets of Kearsarge with his crystal implanting the trigger in every woman he met? That would have been much more effective.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:22 pm »

My impression is that mind control is considered unseemly but not a major crime, sort of like having your house egged on Halloween.  It isn't something respectable people would do, but if it happens to you your likely response would be to mutter something about "kids these days" and start cleaning up the mess.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: