Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:31:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 316: Corps-à-Corps  (Read 9738 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 31, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

Friday, August 1st.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 02:39:02 am »

I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that some party other than Q or Jacqui must have used PC on Miriam. But who would be interested in having that happen?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 04:23:39 am »

Is it possible she isn't even aware what she reported to the cops or how she testified at trial?  She thinks she saw A-B-C, and thinks she reported it.  But, she actually said X-Y-Z (a series of events that didn't happen either; something that implicates Jacqui).  Pearl thinks she's protecting her mother.  Instead, she points law enforcement at her.

On a completely unrelated subject, who's the brunette who wanders past during the conversation?  That's not Reka.  I don't think we've tripped over her before.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:26:13 am »

Here's another possibility.  Pearl sees Q using Pink Clouds on that blonde, then sleeping with her.  Pearl confronts Q.  Q tries to clean up the mess by using Pink Clouds on Pearl, but he screws up by giving her a command like "You will remember me having sex with Jacqui, not that blonde."  The result is that Pearl thinks she saw Q doing everything to Jacqui that he actually did to the blonde, including using Pink Clouds on her, and she goes to the cops anyhow.

In other words, her false memories may be the result of a screwup instead of deliberate programming.  Karmic justice for Q, if so.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 11:15:54 am »

Is possible. That's probably more likely than 'mysterious new mind controller.'

Also I'm pretty sure that's Reka.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »

I had a similar idea about the guest pages except it was Q getting Pearl to think of what she'd seen as her own fantasy.

The conversation in g20 is not taking place within the scene that we're seeing. The colour difference indicates that the scene is "different" in some way. It seems clear that the last two panels are back in normal reality. So is the scene what really happened and the conversation what Pearl remembered happening? That seems the most obvious explanation because there's a continuity in tone in the conversation across the whole page. But it seemed possible that the scene is a suggested fantasy for Pearl that her brain could jumble up with what she actually saw. But, I don't know.

The Jacqui idea makes sense but... Again, I don't know. But it's hard to reconcile what's going on in g20 with that.

Pink Clouds doesn't work on Jacqui. Maybe something else does? Or maybe Jacqui has good reason to fear the police. Maybe she was handling distribution. Maybe she used Pink Clouds on Pearl to save herself. Maybe she enforced Pearl's chastity. Or maybe not.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:55:05 pm »

We can probably assume that what Jacqui tells Adrian about her past is what she really remembers -- the alternative is that she's deliberately lying to her lord and master.  Whether her memories are accurate is another question.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

It's not an idea I'd strongly defend but...

Jacqui indicated to Adrian that she didn't know what Q was cooking, yet somehow, at some point presumably before he went to jail, she found out that Pink Clouds doesn't work on her. She doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by what Pink Clouds is, or what it would obviously be used for. She knows Q was making it yet she still intended to wait for him when he went to jail.

And she didn't actually tell Adrian she wasn't involved in distribution.

It's already been established that the harem members can withhold information from Adrian.

Do we actually know that Q invented Pink Clouds?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 01:35:39 pm »

One of these days we're going to find some plot hole and Daphne's gonna be all 'That was just a mistake. You guys are overanalyzing everything.'

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »

One of these days we're going to find some plot hole and Daphne's gonna be all 'That was just a mistake. You guys are overanalyzing everything.'

Unlikely. :-)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:16 pm »

overanalyzing
It's a thin line but I make a point of never over-stepping it. I could tell you how thin...

This seems like an appropriate moment to point out that when jmundt29 hit the 1337 posts mark recently, his post count turned into leetspeak*.

(*Or technically back from it. I was under-thinking again.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:54:44 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 03:35:04 pm »

*shakes head to clear it after getting slapped.*

We don't know for certain who invented Pink Clouds.  Q-ball has the educational pedigree and police record to be the obvious candidate.  However, that could be latent prejudice (both positive and negative) on my part.

I looked up leet as I was too young to be on the Internet when it was introduced.  From what I can gather, it's the kind of shorthand that would make me rip my own face off out of sheer consternation.  Wink

I'm very familiar with the line between fandom and overanalysis.  I have nice vacation homes on both sides of it.WinkGrin
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:36:50 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 10:21:50 am »

I looked up leet as I was too young to be on the Internet when it was introduced.  From what I can gather, it's the kind of shorthand that would make me rip my own face off out of sheer consternation.  Wink

I trust whoever coded it would be suitably chastised. I'm not too young but I had to look it up - much as I would have to look up virtually any film reference in this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: