Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:12:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 313: Pulling Rank.  (Read 10366 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:10 am »

Tuesday, July 22nd.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:51:10 am »

Who will take over Huh
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:04:01 pm »

For now, I'm going to hope this is Erin winning her duel and being...imaginative about it.Grin  However, it sounds more like we're returning to the scene Marliese was called to, or Dani's father hears she's alive.  If it's a Marliese track we might meet the Kearsage Police.  Incidentally, where have THEY been for the last four months?? Huh?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:21:17 pm »

The Kearsage police are woefully unprepared to deal with what's going on, clearly.  I mean, they're probably going to apprehend Vik, but who knows.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:21:19 am »

I don't understand French.  What's going on?  Did Dani's dad blow her off, so she called Kupler?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:39:54 am »

I think she tried to check in with her father and got stuck in the bureaucratic runaround.  So, to find out about the jerk she'd hoped was deceased, she decided to do a reacharound.  She contacted his brother to see what would fall out when she shook the trees.  Now, I'm assuming she had more of a plan than that, because just doing that would be unbelievably reckless and stupid.  Also, remember that Johannes has privileged access to the General and considers him a friend.  Maybe just to keep up appearances, he'd tell the General "Oh, by the way, I got a call from Dani [insert time gap here]."  "She apparently survived the crash."
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:21:23 am »

Subtitles:

PANEL 1

I would like to speak to General Pellerin, please.

His daughter.

Yes, I'll wait.

Thank you.

PANEL 2

But...

I understand.  No, no, that's understandable.

Thank you.  Bye.

PANEL 4

Good day.  Do you speak French or English?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 11:37:54 am »

So, my take seems perfectly reasonable, if a bit pedestrian.  A dead giveaway that it must be wrong.Grin
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 11:58:19 am »

But Dani was crying, so it's more than just a bureaucratic runaround.  Remember 'your father hates what you've become'? Admittedly, it was Cherry what said it, so might be a horrible lie, but it seemed true enough.  I don't think Dani and her father are on speaking terms (how that interacts with her being presumed dead, I'll never know). 

Also, it seems likely that Dani's made a horrible mistake by contacting the Kuplers.  How much of this is due to her programming, I don't know.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 01:59:37 pm »

Some speculation perhaps. Let's see. As far as we know Johannes believes his brother ist tot. And he was not unhappy about it even at the time. He also conspired in a cover-up regarding the identity of the woman who was in the plane with Jakob. So, well, Dani's probably going to get his attention at least.

Dani believes her father hates her. There's an implication in what Cherry said that Dani met her father after Jakob initiated her. And with the limited amount we know, the first of those two sentences only makes sense if the second is true. But maybe it isn't.

Unless Dani has any sisters, the way she wishes to be announced to her father suggests either that he knows that she's alive, or that she doesn't know that he believes her to be dead. Perhaps she made the call for that very reason - she wanted to find out if her father believes her dead. She only knew what everyone else knew: that Jakob Kuppler had died. It didn't seem that she knew she was supposed to have died with him (in 297 she talks about the crash only in terms of what "he" could have done). What better way would there be for her to find that out?

Because there was a cover-up. And she knows who might have instigated that and who therefore might know the truth. (I confess that isn't what I thought she was thinking when she saw the boxes.) Dani isn't dead and perhaps more importantly she knows Jakob isn't dead. So is she ringing Johannes to confront him, or to warn him?
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »

I'm guessing that the fact that she's calling Zurich (+41 44) has some bearing on something, but I can't guess exactly what that might be.
teemusid
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »

However, the song lyrics are from a song called "Cloudbusting" about a man who builds a rainmaking machine, but the government takes him away. The line that precedes those lines are, "It's like my yo-yo, that glows in the dark." So is our author just using the lines out of context? If they are used because of the entire narrative of the song, then there may be some government agency lurking. (insert appropriate evil laugh)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »

Music video for "Cloudbusting."

Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:04 pm »

I'm guessing that the fact that she's calling Zurich (+41 44) has some bearing on something, but I can't guess exactly what that might be.

Well, the Swiss *are* known for watchmaking.  So I assume the Kuplers are, in fact, Swiss.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:44 pm »

Kuppler, everyone! Two Ps.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: