Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download issues?  (Read 61608 times)
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 05:59:31 am »

Downstairs & Convent of St. Nicholas give 404 errors.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:01:40 am by stormrazor2000 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

Downstairs & Convent of St. Nicholas give 404 errors.

OK, those should be fixed.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:23 am »

Thanks!
DeltaDelta
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

Hi, just thought I'd mention that the PDF for Beyond Rubies 2 seems...off.

I have tried everything I can think of (fiddled with the settings, deleted and downloaded the file again, updated to the latest version of Adobe etc), but the individual pages of the file take forever to load/assemble themselves; it’s so slow you can see the individual elements (picture, speech bubbles, text etc) build and half the time it’s going so slow you think it’s stalled out completely.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I don’t have this problem with any of your other PDFs (or anyone else for that matter) so I suspect it’s the file.

I only metion this beacuse BR is my favourite series on the site and this is a bit of putting :-)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:08 pm »

The BR2 file is significantly bigger than the others. Unfortunately, we're probably not going to be able to easily shrink it, sorry.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
DeltaDelta
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 12:22:21 am »

The BR2 file is significantly bigger than the others. Unfortunately, we're probably not going to be able to easily shrink it, sorry.

OK, not a problem  Smiley
Bahamad
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

Thanks so much for the download ability of the Beyond Rubies issues (along with all of the other releases).

I know you said you wouldn't be able to shrink the 2nd issue, but what about the more recent releases?  The file size isn't a problem to most with a broadband connection, but for whatever reason I (and probably others as well) have problems with the files inside a number of different PDF viewers.  I'm guessing it's purely the size/large resolution being provided by the pages, but it makes the offline copies much more difficult to view, to the point of being unable to be opened/navigated.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:56 pm »

Here's the problem. The only tools which can really shrink a PDF with reasonable quality without rasterizing the type are Adobe tools. They're not scriptable, and manually tweaking each issue isn't really practical. So, we kind of have to just accept whatever resolution the final art is delivered as for the PDFs, which often means pretty big files. The good part is that you are guaranteed the best possible quality!

Bahamad
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »

Thanks, it was worth asking in any case.  That's a good explanation and works for me, I wasn't sure if it was a matter of saving the provided files in a smaller resolution or something more involved.
gworck
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2013, 08:31:54 am »

I seem to have a problem to download anything. Something's down or?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:29 am »

I seem to have a problem to download anything. Something's down or?

Download server seems to be operating normally. Drop me a note to orders@mindcontroltheatre.com and we'll see what we can do.

gfan74
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »

downloads are not responding just checking on servers status
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »

downloads are not responding just checking on servers status

Download server seems to be operating normally. Drop me a note to orders@mindcontroltheatre.com and we'll see what we can do.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: