Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Download issues?  (Read 61607 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 02:28:15 pm »

OK, new generation scripts in place. Let me know what you think.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »

That seems to have bitmap (uncompressed except by deflate) images for the digital comics now? I guess those are original, since they are now better than the web ones (same resolution but without the usual artifacts).
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 03:53:34 pm »

That seems to have bitmap (uncompressed except by deflate) images for the digital comics now? I guess those are original, since they are now better than the web ones (same resolution but without the usual artifacts).

It depends on the original, but comics that were supplied to us as PNGs (that pretty much means all of Sturkwurk's comics) are now compressed using Deflate rather than JPEG. (We can get away with this because they're not as high-resolution to begin with as the drawn comics.)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 04:30:35 pm »

OK, unless someone has encountered another problem, we're declaring victory on the downloads, yay!

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:01 am »

The download for Obedience comes up 404.

Also, Signal Failure, Convent of St Nicholas, and Downstairs.

Extreme Makeover seems to be missing all but the cover page.

Homecoming seems to have significantly worse jpeg artifacts than the web images, even though it looks like the images in the pdf are not stored as jpegs. This interacts really badly with the art style for this particular comic.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:25:07 am by rreader3 » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 11:15:09 pm »

Homecoming seems to have significantly worse jpeg artifacts than the web images, even though it looks like the images in the pdf are not stored as jpegs. This interacts really badly with the art style for this particular comic.

They're definitely JPEGs in the PDF: no way the download would be just 21MB if they were encoded with Deflate. It's fixable, but that would be a gigantic download.

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 12:55:09 am »

Huh, yeah, you're right. My tools must be confused by all the additional objects in the file.

But the problem remains that the pdf version, especially displayed at its "native" resolution rather than reduced, shows obvious artifacts - possibly they wouldn't be so noticeable with another art style, but here they show up badly particularly on characters' faces due to the contrast between the smooth colour and the artifacts extending outward from edges of mouths, eyes, etc. Have you tried higher quality settings?

Sorry if I sound like too much of a perfectionist, but Homecoming is something of a favourite of mine.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 01:02:02 am »

Have you tried higher quality settings?

-dJPEG=100; doesn't get much higher quality than that. Smiley

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:52 am »

OK, give "Homecoming" another download; I tried a different way of creating the PDF.

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 02:58:58 am »

That is vastly better - that takes it from "annoyingly visible artifacts" to "artifacts that are only barely visible under high magnification"

grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:03 pm »

Hello - hit 404 errors on Obedience and Signal Failure.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:14 am »

Hello - hit 404 errors on Obedience and Signal Failure.

Those should be fixed now.

grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 02:27:44 pm »

Got Signal Failure (thanks!)... but still 404 on Obedience.

I did a shift+refresh on the page before clicking the link and also waited a day and tried again.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »

Got Signal Failure (thanks!)... but still 404 on Obedience.

OK, Obedience should be good now.

grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 03:32:20 am »

Thanks (again) download working now - but I noticed the "live" view vanished.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: