Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:54:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which were your favorite regular titles of 2022?  (Voting closed: January 08, 2023, 07:36:08 pm)
Achievement - 7 (2.4%)
The Alchemist - 13 (4.5%)
Audiophilia - 9 (3.1%)
Bigger - 4 (1.4%)
By the Book 2 - 9 (3.1%)
The Canadian Girlfriend - 14 (4.8%)
Checkered Past - 8 (2.7%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 9 (3.1%)
Daily Grind - 2 (0.7%)
Fantasy World - 9 (3.1%)
Flesh for Fantasy - 6 (2.1%)
Found Objects 3 - 12 (4.1%)
Free Trade Zone - 5 (1.7%)
Free Wifi - 10 (3.4%)
Friend Request - 8 (2.7%)
Hellbent - 1 (0.3%)
The Help - 13 (4.5%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 12 (4.1%)
The In-Law Unit - 14 (4.8%)
Jim's Wife - 7 (2.4%)
The Martian Harem - 1 (0.3%)
No Way! - 0 (0%)
The Persuader - 10 (3.4%)
Return to Office - 1 (0.3%)
The Ring Cycle - 15 (5.2%)
Roll Playing 2 - 10 (3.4%)
Starter Marriage - 15 (5.2%)
Sudo - 3 (1%)
Takeout - 2 (0.7%)
Trigger Warning - 29 (10%)
Unknown Pleasures - 11 (3.8%)
Waiting Room - 22 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Regular Title of 2022?  (Read 2855 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 01, 2023, 07:36:08 pm »

Which were your favorite regular titles of 2022? You can vote for up to seven, and comments below, as always!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 09:08:13 pm »

Can't pick just seven. I don't want to leave any of my favorites out, and there are at least ten, maybe more...
tods1976
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 10:18:59 pm »

My favorite, Inheritance, is sadly no longer a regular.  Amazing to see that the Hidden knowledge still is tho, all these years later.  One of these days I’ll try to figure out the cipher and reread them.
vitran
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 06:38:22 am »

Is Permed is a finished series now?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 06:44:50 am »

Is Permed is a finished series now?

Nope!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
carmel0
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 08:26:50 am »

Bigger. You seem to publish just one update a year and I think this is a great story.
Friend Request. Another good one. In the past 2 years, 3 updates.
Unknown Pleasures. Three updates in the past 3 years.
The Persuader. Two updates last year.
And Sudo. One update in the past 3 years.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 10:10:11 am »

Bigger. You seem to publish just one update a year and I think this is a great story.

It's very rare for any title to get more than two updates per year; most only get about one (or one and a half, by average). There are exceptions (like Achievement this year), but not many and not often.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 10:10:50 am »

It's very rare for any title to get more than two updates per year; most only get about one (or one and a half, by average). There are exceptions (like Achievement this year), but not many and not often.

Just to set expectations, 3-4 updates a year is the maximum a 12-page regular issue could appear.

hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 11:11:35 am »

Just to set expectations, 3-4 updates a year is the maximum a 12-page regular issue could appear.

Achievement begs to differ! But I understand that's an exception.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 11:41:47 am »

Achievement begs to differ! But I understand that's an exception.

Not many artists are as fast as Eizar. :-)

carmel0
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 11:55:43 am »

Well maybe that's something to consider.
Posting a story more frequently, but bringing it to a conclusion, and then creating a new story and posting that more frequently.
You always can (and frequently do) create a new chapter/version like Found Objects, By the Book, etc. if there is an interest to bring a story back.
orifalcon
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 04:09:57 pm »

Ring Cycle and Trigger Warning are my current favorites, and for a lot of the same reasons. The art is great. Single controller and a manageably sized cast. Post-MC behavior changes steadily building up. A+

Unknown Pleasures and Friend Request are up there as well. Same reasons, but the art gives the edge to the first two.

Starter Marriage got Phase 2 and 3 this year, and it made a big difference. Part 1 was interesting, but I was skeptical. Multipath often translates to "only half the story will be of interest to any given reader" but there's enough to sink your teeth into now.

Roll Playing 2 continues to be a delight. The new characters are integrated well, and the story keeps moving forward while maintaining the fun tone.

Finally, I've really enjoyed Achievement, though the very frequent updates definitely help that. In one year, it reached the point Inheritance was at before it went away, with the main character ready to learn about the means of control and start deciding for himself how to employ it. The sorceress being an eager slave rather than the aloof, mysterious mentor you'd expect was also a fun surprise.
Totallyspies
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 07:01:25 pm »

The best two were definitely Found Objects 3 and Waiting Room imo.
ajaroflube
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 02:42:27 am »

My favorite, Inheritance, is sadly no longer a regular.

Seems like it's your lucky day, friend
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 11:53:48 am »

Bigger continues to be my favorite title on the site. The cliffhanger at the end of the last issue was particularly wild, and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Starter Marriage is an amazing achievement, and despite hours on the title I know I still haven't explored it fully.

Daily Grind was an excellent one-shot, and I'll always make sure there is a Mukor title in my "best of" voting.

The Help and Flesh for Fantasy are both extremely hot titles, and while the later has been more focused on the "training/conditioning/transformation" aspect for its 2022 issues, the former still keeps up the class commentary that binds these two in my mind.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: