Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:19:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: By the Book 2 #12  (Read 9040 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 05, 2023, 09:29:51 am »

Everyone has so many plans!

Script and Lettering: Daphne • Art: Sturkwurk

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
orifalcon
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 09:34:03 am »

Yeah, big nope on out of this one. Don't like the protag from the first series being mc'd to become another happy feeder. Vote with my wallet time I guess
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 11:06:29 am »

Yeah, big nope on out of this one. Don't like the protag from the first series being mc'd to become another happy feeder. Vote with my wallet time I guess

C'mon, you don't have to be reserved. Tell me what you really think of it. :-)

As usual, all I can say is, I write what I find hot, and hope someone else does.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 02:22:18 pm »

I just reread the whole By the Book series in one go. I like where it's going; I have to wonder when the men all end up meeting and comparing notes.
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 03:38:54 pm »

Not really keen on the men being hypnotized either. But it seems like a fairly benign thing for now and will hopefully lead to some good action down the line.

Certainly nothing to rage quit over.

I DO like the women actively recruiting for the harem...

(and I also hope they meet up and come to an understanding about sharing the women)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:41:11 pm by Dr. White » Logged

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 11:23:08 pm »

I'm not the craziest about the plot direction at the moment, but can't fault Daphne for writing what's hot for her. 9 times out of 10, I'm down for what comes from that.
Always happy to see some bimbofied Jane and Thena though Cheesy
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 09:44:41 am »

I always associate By The Book with (I think) the last period of credit card processing problems, when this seemed to be the only comic in production for a while. I confess I gave up on it fairly quickly because... well, the same thing kept happening. Indeed, more than any other comic on the site, this one seemed to make a joke of that, with the same lines being trotted out again and again (why didn't he just program Kayleigh to always carry a towel with her?).

Funnily enough it was giving this issue a go (something on the cover must have piqued my interest) that prompted me too to go back and (start) reading the whole thing again (I'll get there). I already vote with my wallet, but I suppose I'm saying that this one issue has justified 37 weeks of my subscription that were otherwise largely wasted. So I'm happy.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 10:52:01 am »

C'mon, you don't have to be reserved. Tell me what you really think of it. :-)

As usual, all I can say is, I write what I find hot, and hope someone else does.

The shift between the two is definitely a head scratcher. Also, it seems to lack in mind *control*, as in nobody is in control.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 11:25:19 am »

I think of it as the control having gotten out of control.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 11:41:51 am »

I think of it as the control having gotten out of control.

Maybe. But if the writing team specifically likes turning harem stories into cheating/infidelity stories then it's going to be pissing in a lot of people's wheaties.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 11:46:49 am »

the writing team

Oh, come on, if you're going to complain about the writing, at least use my name. :-)

crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 12:29:49 pm »

the writing team

Oh, come on, if you're going to complain about the writing, at least use my name. :-)
I suppose you are prolific enough that you could secretly be a team...or a hive mind Wink
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 12:30:29 pm »

I suppose you are prolific enough that you could secretly be a team...or a hive mind Wink

Honestly, there are times I wish I had a team!

budrothepious
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 02:44:43 pm »

I'm not a fan of the current direction of this, especially the series 1 protagonist being controlled.
That being said, not every comic is about or for me and it's not something I'm going to unsub over.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 05:35:04 pm »

I'm not a fan of the current direction of this, especially the series 1 protagonist being controlled.
That being said, not every comic is about or for me and it's not something I'm going to unsub over.

When there's pseudonyms involved I don't know who's who.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: