Mind Control Comics Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cover #12  (Read 4650 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:03 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 01:22:53 pm »

Nice.  Been a long time since a cover update.  Looks like a reference to the long-awaited night at Sawyers?
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »

Mo money, mo problems?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »

Dance cage
 Grin
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 03:33:50 pm »

I like the cover but I'm a little concerned that we seem to be approaching what I've always figured was the intended finale of the story, although I do acknowledge that was always just my assumption.

Dani and Jacqui at Sawyer's is supposed to be on Saturday 28th. That's not just on Mallory's calendar; Jacqui refers to that date in 82. From 81 onwards the story clearly shows us a continuous run of days. Trying to tie those days to the events on the calendar suggests we're currently at Friday 20th.

Despite having gone on about it a lot, I really don't care if the days are going to turn out not to fit. But it does feel to me right now that the current threads are going to take at least another week in the story to resolve themselves satisfactorily.

So does that mean that Jacqui and Dani is not the finale? It would be odd to see Amy and Hayley heading off to a party at Astrid's place on finale night.

There is actually something on the calendar on Saturday 21st. It looks a bit like a 'Q' but it may be a circle to mark Mallory's birthday. Maybe Dani and Jacqui have decided to try a practice run at Van Winkle's a week early? And I can't be the only one wanting a reason to head over there. Maybe that's what the pinkish hue in the title here signifies? That could be a night to relish, if Jacqui weren't immune to Pink Clouds.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 05:11:56 pm »

Trying to tie those days to the events on the calendar suggests we're currently at Friday 20th...  It would be odd to see Amy and Hayley heading off to a party at Astrid's place on finale night.

#695, which takes place on Friday, January 20th, places the Amy/Hayley party invitation for "Saturday".  I'd expect that to be January 21st, not the 28th.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:32:39 am »

There are Two Man Club,
1: Sawyers (SJI-I216)
2: Van Winkle's

Dani and Jacqui ar dance at Sawyers

Ok If Dani and Jacqui Practice at Van Winkles's will run in to Pink Cloud?
Pink Cloud don't work on Jacqui
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:37:17 am by laguna85 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 05:04:02 am »

#695, which takes place on Friday, January 20th, places the Amy/Hayley party invitation for "Saturday".  I'd expect that to be January 21st, not the 28th.

Absolutely. That's what I'm saying. We should be over a week away from Dani and Jacqui at Sawyer's. But we've had hints that Mallory's birthday coincides with a visit to a strip club. And she's been practising her pole dancing. And it looks from the calendar in 79 that Mallory's birthday might be the 21st (which just fits with her star sign). And that's Mallory on stage with Dani and Jacqui in this cover, isn't it?

In recent history Thursday 19th January was the day that occupied the fewest number of pages - around 40. Even if we maintain that sort of pace, that's still 280 pages per week of SJI time. The previous cover is probably the one that has lasted the most number of pages, and even that was fewer than 200.

So is this the long-awaited night at Sawyer's on the 28th (which to be honest I'm not particularly awaiting), or has that been brought forward for some reason, or is this something else? I'll be very disappointed if we don't revisit the tantalisingly Pink-Clouds-ripped Van Winkle's before the story ends.

(I do appreciate that the covers don't necessarily depict actual scenes from the story, by the way.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: