Mind Control Comics Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:17:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: By the Book #5  (Read 13309 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 10, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

The Page Turns!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:34:27 pm »

I thought this was the best one yet.  It reminds me of the Bearing Gifts series a lot.  Not a lot of plot complexity, but it brings the heat.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »

Fortunately, he's less of a complete jerk than Bertram or presents himself as less of one, or it would be a waste of great art and enjoyable tableaus.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:43:49 am »

There is a lot heat
 Grin
This is great lovely woman  Grin
Richgubru
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

I'm really enjoying this series, especially how the protagonist is slowly getting corrupted by his power over the women in his life and how he is increasing his control over them while they are not in a trance. I can't wait to see what comes next.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:24 pm »

It's going through HK growing pains with an accelerated timetable.  He's a bit more like the guy from The Bet than the guys from Employee Orientation and Bed and Breakfast who you end up wanting to slam through a wall (or drop Acme safes on).
hypnonile
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Angry Comic Book Nerd

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 01:53:01 am »

I like this series a lot.
snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:20 pm »

Plus we get a taste of some of the induction techniques he's using, which really does it for me.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

I don't think the MCer is being slowly corrupted at all; he pretty much went for the gusto as soon as he got the first girl under.

This is probably the best computer-drawn series the website has ever done.  It's better than the "Bearing Gifts" series because the girls at least have a trace of personality, and more importantly, the slower pacing.  If you go from 0 to sex slave in two pages of a comic, the action gets repetitive.  Gradually modifying the girls as is happening in this comic is much hotter.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 06:55:03 am »

Also, it possibly provides the illusion that this gentleman isn't as gnarled and festered as Bertram because he's working up nerve to try more instead of saying "I am all powerful, watch me eradicate these women and knead the leftovers like dough" which I just don't find appealing.

The boss from EO and the "friend" from The Bet probably have similar appetites, but the guy from The Bet at least seems

1. Less threatening,
2. Less immediately power-drunk and
3. more sympathetic

which makes him more entertaining.

Or another vid example

The guy from Hell House is a lot more sympathetic than the guy from Bed and Breakfast.  I'm not presenting a high threashold, but I am indicating, that I think theer is one (at least for me).  Even the Assistant from Act Now is more sympathetic than the boss from the EO series or the Bed & Breakfast "caller."
downer
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Excited, can't you tell?

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:32:00 pm »

Didn't get a chance to read this series until now. Gotta say, I was surprised how much I ended up enjoying it. Wink

Reminds me of early THK in some ways. I like that the ladies know something is kinda up, but still think it is normal. Also, the gradual subversion rather than the instant slave. This means we get some mind control action over the course of several issues, with different ladies at varying degrees of subversion. If every woman is completely reprogrammed with no time or effort, then it feels like nothing has been gained. Also, if we are instantly at the point where they all act like obedient nymphomaniacs then that becomes the status quo, and no longer feels like a satisfying mind control story.

One element that bugs me a bit from both this and Bearing Gifts is the constant mirroring of the controller's words by the victim. I know the extra dialog is meant to make up for the lack of panels on the pages, but it just drowns me in text. So I end up skipping those parts entirely whenever they come up.

Favorites: 4f, Beyond Rubies, Bibliomancy, By the Book, St. James Infirmary, The Hidden Knowledge, Wizard of Bras

Interested: Checkered Past, Drains, Free Trade Zone, Green Sign, Stream, The Persuader
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: