Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:48:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 237: Without All Remedy.  (Read 11592 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 31, 2013, 11:02:52 am »

Coming Friday, November 1st!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:48 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:23:20 am by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

That was my thinking:  more Macbeth, more Erin.

Though the fact that it's Macbeth is increasingly alarming to me, in terms of bloody consequences.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:30:26 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:23:31 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:25:37 pm »

The witches are a bit like a Greek Chorus in the play itself.  Most people interpret them as being unaffected by the events they predict because the scene where they get chewed out by Hecate is thought to be an add-in by someone else (though not an 18th or 19th century innovation like Juliet waking up just as Romeo swallows the poison or Lear ending "happily.")  More like say, the Act II prologue in R&J.

Anyway, from all appearances, the Sisters emerged unscathed from the..er, upheaval (although) Banquo's mirror proves to be a premature boast to court royal favor.  Supposed the King James who succeeded Elizabeth I was the eighth in Banquo's line of kings.  James didn't have sons or grandsons to succeed him.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 12:25:45 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:23:40 am by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:45 am »

Well, clearly both Adrian and Erin have a bit to learn about being in a committed permanent relationship:

1) Erin, if Adrian asks "what's wrong?" after you hint strongly something is seriously wrong, you should tell him.
2) Adrian, if Erin hints something is terribly wrong by asking you something like "What's the worst thing you've ever done?", you should follow up.

My hope is that Erin confronts her demons -- clearly, what happened with "Cherry" (I think she's Einfridur, in league with the Kupplers, but that's another unsubstantiated theory) is a major cause of upset in Erin's life -- and comes out healed.  I would go so far as to posit that "the worst thing she's done in her life" is a) connected to the guest strip with the beast-thing and b) one of the main reasons for her extremely negative outlook on life that we saw in the very first issues.

Lastly, I have to leave with one comment:

Supposed the King James who succeeded Elizabeth I was the eighth in Banquo's line of kings.  James didn't have sons or grandsons to succeed him.

James had sons.  Charles I reigned until he was executed in 1649 and the Republic established.  Charles II, the grandson of James VI and I, was restored to the throne in 1660 after the collapse of the Revolution, and Charles II's brother James VII and II reigned briefly afterwards. 

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 07:14:41 am »

Apologies for the brain flatulence on British regal history.  I had thought that Chuck I was an heir brought in from a different branch of the family.

I would say three dosen't warrant a mirror, though.

Cherry might be working with a Kupler, but I don't think she's the pilot from the...was that a guest page?

I thought she might be the chick from Erin's Missouri circle who was dressed as a barmaid at the send-off.

I always read the sequence as snarky boy tricking Erin and sending a beast after her.  Does Erin blame herself for the incident?
peers
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53:03 am »

Apologies for the brain flatulence on British regal history.  I had thought that Chuck I was an heir brought in from a different branch of the family.

I would say three dosen't warrant a mirror, though.

Here's to a Jacobian restoration!
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:58:04 am »

1) Erin, if Adrian asks "what's wrong?" after you hint strongly something is seriously wrong, you should tell him.
2) Adrian, if Erin hints something is terribly wrong by asking you something like "What's the worst thing you've ever done?", you should follow up.

We don't know that's when the conversation ends.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:23:59 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 01:40:27 pm »

(bottom of the first page in the "When we last left our heroes..." thread - yes I still update it).

For which, the thanks of a grateful forum are yours!

leaving his brother clearly distraught

I love dry humor.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:24:23 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 02:15:18 pm »

A guy whose bedroom and playroom scare the crap out of Derek?  A guy whose former thrall is praying he's dead?  That's the good guy?  Color me unconvinced.  He might be the least toxic of his family, but that's not a high bar.

Does the cast page have a prior sighting for the delivery girl?

I'm thinking that there's only been one Kupler disappearance so far.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:46 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:24:34 am by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: