Mind Control Comics Forum
May 31, 2024, 09:08:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 217: Collision Course  (Read 13487 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:35 pm »

Coming Friday, August 30th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:41 am »

Are you aware you posted the the same image twice in a row today?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:06:01 am »

Yeah, we have 216 as a placeholder.  What happened?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:37:28 am »

Fixed!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:48:18 am »

Adrian will stand up for his love female slaves.
He did it with Danielle.
Good Master.

thank you fix  It, I look at it 12:30 am and know that you will fix it now.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:28:48 am »

Tough to read exactly what would happen next.  Would Yves just bow out after having his best night in (I assume) several years?  Would he square off with Adrian a la Derek?  Or would he just floor it?

Also of interest, will Katie find the perfume where she dropped it, or did Jacqui pocket the squid and the perfume before running to get Adrian? Huh
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:37 am »

Awesome issue!

Three things pop to mind:

1.  Adrian looks totally badass facing down a moving car.  Must be the darkened eyes.
2. I guess the cat's out of the bag re: Adrian's status as 'master', at least with one significant player in Kearsarge.
3. The popup text is an interesting choice, given that the verse is about being in a car crash and breaking one's spine while looking for love.  I hope that's not foreshadowing a literal outcome here, because I don't think I can take another bloody car crash in SJI for a while.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:22 am »

So, PC doesn't erase Watch programming, but it does erase safeguards--parallel to the loss of inhibitions?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 09:02:35 am »

So, PC doesn't erase Watch programming, but it does erase safeguards--parallel to the loss of inhibitions?

A few issues back, I posited that Yves was getting what he wanted because whatever was influencing Caitlyn - PC, the voice in the background, the campanile signal - worked, but only because nothing she was doing was in conflict with Adrian's directives to her.  That seems to be the case, based on this issue. The watch programming, from all indications, seems to be a permanent alteration in the psyche that rewires people into a new role of slave, while other methods seem either less strong, more temporary, whatever.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next issue if Yves tries to 'keep' Caitlyn against Adrian's wishes.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 10:52:12 am »

This issue suggests that Yves was not specifically targeting Caitlyn because of her role in the SJI harem.  If he were, he wouldn't have been surprised at hearing that she had a master, and he might well have recognized Adrian.  Yves is reacting more like someone who stepped into something unexpectedly nasty.

On a different note, how long do you suppose Katie can run around in a New Hampshire winter with no pants?  I've heard of frigid women but that's taking it a bit far.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

Hopefully Adrian telling his slave to come home will solve this issue.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:28:03 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

She's saying "Don't" but she doesn't look like she's trying to grab him to pull him back but pushing him onward--like "Don't let him get away!"

What would be the English equivalent of Yves' French exclamation here?

The cheerleaders line is funny, particularly because the SJI cohorts only have one so far.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »

That would be "Chalice".  French swears are religiously oriented.  "Host" and "tabernacle" are also common swears.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 03:44:34 pm »

Like the use of "bloody" in English.  Okay.  Live and learn.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: